Monday, April 25, 2011

Posting Again

January 13 was my last post before this one. I stopped for a couple of reasons. 1.) Facebook sucking up my "creative" expressive energy. 2.) Benjamin Eldon was born on January 22. Though he's a good, happy and healthy baby, he's still a lot work in the care and feeding of him. In fact I just had him sleeping on my shoulder for nearly 30 minutes listening to Neil Young and when I tried to put him down, he'd wake up and get all wiggly and squirmy.

He's grown a lot in the 3 months he's been around. He's a good boy!
Other changes in my life is I got a "departure letter" back in November or so from QSI, my employer, so I will no longer be a teacher for them. I am not really sad about it, just wondering what's next. I was never interviewed for QSI, I was grandfathered into their system when they bought ELA in 2004. I never really got used to their way of doing things and I got burned out and complacent working for them, and I'm surprised I lasted as long as I have. Probably will try to take a year off of teaching before diving into it again. I have some other projects to work on. I currently have zero debt and money in the bank so we are doing fairly okay...better than a lot of people these days. I think...

4 comments:

Gunnar Berg said...

A good looking boy with good taste in music.

Mimbres Man said...

Trying to teach him right.

Silk Hope said...

Hang on to this time. They really grow up fast.

SS:Mtn Biker said...

Silk Hope has THAT right!!! Jamie and Nick should still be that yong (she's 14,he'll be 9 in two weeks,LOL!).

SO proud of you and T,Mims,y'all done good...REAL good! Keep teaching him the kool music too,he'll appreciate that as he grows up,and bikes,teach him bikes! :)