Sunday, October 09, 2011

Baby Blanco is Back

I bought Baby Blanco new for about $7000 cash in Nov. of 2003. She's been a great car and she is the car I've owned the longest. Recently I spent of bit of money getting her fixed; brakes, clutch adjustment, new ignition wires/tune-up, etc. Shortly after that, she stopped working due to an electrical failure of some kind. I took it to a battery place and the guy said it was a bad alternator, so not wanting to spend more money I let her sit for about 6 weeks. 

Finally, yesterday, I had contacted a one of our old ELA families who has an electric auto shop. They came over with a technician and he determined it was simply a bad battery. Doh! We got her started, drove it to the shop where they tested the electrical system (okay), and put in a new battery, cleaned the cables, etc. 

So now Baby Blanco is running great! We've ridden in a lot of taxis over the weeks and some have been really uncomfortable. I find Baby Blanco, as basic as she is, a very comfortable car. No weird vibrations, fairly smooth ride (for a car in its class) and kind of peppy (fun). 
She's a little rough around the edges.

5 comments:

Mimbres Man said...

Tania will be happy.

Small Adventures said...

Hey...no Blogger issues seeing my floowed sites today! :)

Glad to see you got her up and running again,old friend!

She doesn't look much more worse for wear than our Neon did when we bought it\does. I bet she's economical too :D

Steve

Mimbres Man said...

Spoke too soon. Died yesterday, now need to get it back to the shop. I think it is the alternator.

Small Adventures said...

I hate when that happens :(

Mimbres Man said...

Broke the belt and it did need a new alternator. Under a load, the old one was putting out 12V instead of 14V.