Friday, February 02, 2007

Ground Hog Day

I tell my students this is my favorite day of the year. It doesn't really matter here in the tropics but in North America is was always the half-way point to spring, but it also coincides with the half-way point of the school year. We are more than half done! Hard to believe.

Today was a strange day. Most of the students were gone, I only had a hand full. I had them get caught up on some labs and things, and I started building a new two chambered water rocket. It a radical design; a prototype and I already think I am going to have to start over.

We hope to have a two school competition with water rockets in March. The other school has more space and their rocket design is pretty advanced. I am trying new and daring designs to break their records.

If this design works, I hope to incorporate my parachute release system into the next version.

No comments: