Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Pop...Pop...Pop

Yesterday morning I was getting ready to go for a bike ride...I was filling my Camelbak bladder at our water jug-thingie, slightly stooped over, when I felt a distinctive "pop...pop...pop" in my lower back just above my pelvis. Immediately my legs almost gave out, but I was able to keep standing. After a few moments, I was able to straighten back up but had awful pain in my lower back. Still in my bike kit, I crawled back to bed and lay down. I ended up taking 2 ibuprofen (400 mg each), and about 2 hrs later, 2 more ibuprofen...which finally started taking some of the pain (and swelling?) away. I lay in bed most of the day. I did end up being semi-productive where I did order new drivetrain parts for the Merlin (singlespeed chainring, chain(s), and singlespeed cog) which will be shipped Next-Day Air to Daniel's townhouse in Houston. [BTW: I should have bought these parts while in the USA.] Daniel is returning to VE on Saturday morning.

Today my back is still sore, but not as bad as yesterday, so I feel I will be okay. Getting up and about today.

1 comment:

mark scotch said...

aahhh......maybe that's because you ARE an old man!?

I can talk, as I'm one, too!