Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ear Infection

Saturday I had a great bike ride with a friend. Did some climbing, descending, just generally enjoyed the morning. Rode about 12 miles or so. I don't used a cyclocomputer so I never really know unless I sit down and plot it out on Google Earth.

Saturday afternoon I learned that a group was heading up to Los Altos de Santa Fe on Sunday morning. Perfect! A long training ride in prep for the Tour Divide.

Luck would have it, I came down with a sever ear infection Saturday night where the ear canal completely closed up. I was hoping it'd be better by morning, but it wasn't. So instead of going for a 90 km/700+ meters of climbing-into-the-cloud-forest ride, I was at the emergency clinic getting an injection of a broad-spectrum antibiotic in my butt, and prescriptions for more oral antibiotics plus anti-inflammatory med, and ear drops. What a mess!

My ear is doing better, but seemed to have slept on it bad last night and it feels funny today. Can't hear too well out of the sick ear. Ugggh

No comments: