Sunday, November 02, 2008

Feeling Pretty Good Again, and a Good Weekend





I had a good weekend in Lecheria with my wife Tania. I am feeling pretty much 100% again. No coughing up gook or phlegm in the last couple of days. Nice!

On Friday night, I seasoned a chicken for roasting Saturday.


Saturday morning I got out on my Merlin for a couple of hours. I missed the usual group, so I rode alone which is okay with me. I zone out a bit. I stopped and took a few pics. It was all good.


When I got home, we ran some errands. I tried to get my hair cut but there was too long of wait. I hate waiting, so we decided we should go home and cook the chicken.


I set the chicken up on the rotisserie rod. I am still learning the best method in doing this since I have only done it twice. Now I am glad we bought the oven with the rotisserie because its a better way of cooking chicken. Its less greasy for sure.
It took about 2 hours to cook the bird, but it was worth it. We chowed that thing! Oscar, Tania, and myself ate the whole thing in one sitting. Crazy!

Saturday night, Oscar and I went to the movies. We saw "Journey to the Center of the Earth" dubbing in Spanish. The sound quality was rotten, but the story was very predictable and I was able to understand about 90% of the dialog. Simple stuff.


This morning, Sunday, I woke up early enough to ride with the group. We did the usual ride around El Morro. I was able to climb The Rails without stopping. It was hard, but its always hard on the single speed. I also cleaned the Fausto Trail to the steep part.
Rode back home, ate a couple of empanadas for breakfast, then we went downtown. Tania needed to buy something for Oscar, and I still wanted a haircut.

After downtown, I slept for about an hour or so, then had to get ready to come back to El Tigre (arrrgh!).

Overall, it was a good weekend!

No comments: