Monday, March 15, 2010

One of My Favorite Blogs

I started blogging by accident back in 2006. I didn't know much about it, and when I started it I decided to just make it about stuff that I find interesting. I've tried to keep politics out of it (though my emotions have got the best of me a few times) mainly because I think it dangerous considering where I live.

My mom hates my blog. She wishes I'd focus on real writing instead of giving it away for free. She thinks I should write my book(s) instead.

Anyway, about during Christmas break, I started exploring other blogs by pushing the "Next Blog" button at the top of the screen. I guess my default is bicycle blogs because just about every blog I came across is about bicycling. Most were the same.

I repeated this experiment for about three days. Same blogs recycled...I didn't find them very interesting, not interesting enough to go back to until I found
1410 Oakwood. This blog caught my attention immediately because it was different. It was similar to what I've been trying to accomplish...a real eclectic blog with a bicycle slant. Gunnar, the author, seems a real genuine kind of guy. We've become i-friends. I've even learned a bit about classic road bikes by reading his posts.

Anyway, check it out.

1 comment:

Silk Hope said...

Barin:

Yep no doubt about it Gunnar has it down rock solid. I had a great ride in the laguna hills this weekend.

Cheers,

Jack