Friday, December 12, 2008

Priorities


Had a weird conversation with my wife this afternoon while stuck in traffic. She says, "I don't like our car anymore! I want a new car!" With more questioning, it turns out that her cousin just got a new Hyundai and she says it is a nicer car than ours...and she says our is old and looks like a taxi.

Well, there's a reason for that...Our car is a five year old Kia Rio...basic white...was imported to be a taxi, but I bought it instead (doesn't have taxi markings). I got it brand new back in 2003 because it was cheap...and I wanted urban camouflage. The A/C is ice cold, the car is rugged, runs great, and best of all, its paid for! Now she wants an SUV.

I told her no because I don't want to pay $25,000+ for a new car (price for a basic Hyundai Tucson or Kia Sportage) especially with the pending Venezuelan implosion that is bound to happen in a couple of months.
I suggested I get a new bike instead.

Her reply..."You're just making it worse!"

pic: Canaima Nat. Park (Gran Sabana district), Venezuela, Christmas break 2006. A road trip in our "taxi".

Note: I just posted this in the DR Forums but I liked it so I did a cut and paste number for here.

No comments: