Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Vacation: Recreation, Projects, and Leisure

Today...The Merlin at a Brief Rest Stop
Recreation: I've been on our winter break and really enjoying it. I've been getting up at 6:45 and out the door by 7:30 to ride my bike. Today I felt really good and strong. I charged up "The Rails" on my single speed Merlin, then up "The Fausto" trail. Just felt good all morning! I still love this bike...its going on 13 years old.

Paint and Stuff


Projects: Yesterday, Tania and I finally went to a paint store and bought 3 gallons of paint. 2 gallons are of a sandy beige color (which I forget the name), and 1 gallon of a darker orangey color called Grand Canyon. We are trying to find colors that will go well with the dark cabinetry I chose for our kitchen. I think we did well.

Our Kitchen before Painting
I went to our local Home Depot-type store, EPA, and bought a bunch of preparation material. I need to put in one more light fixture in our small hallway space. I did not like any of the fixtures I saw at EPA. I want to go downtown to a lighting store tomorrow and buy a fixture I saw earlier in the year.

Some of this prep material is texturing material for the ceiling in this little hallway.

Leisure: Tania and I have been taking two hours naps in the afternoon. I guess I'm tired because these naps feel great!

No comments: